|If you have limited income, we’ve prepared a list of lower cost programs (generally $1,200 or less per month). Please contact these programs directly – we cannot contact them for you or on your behalf. DISCLAIMER: We have no formal affiliation with programs listed below, but we offer them as helpful suggestions for programs offering quality low-cost services. Be sure to check them out carefully:
*Blount Youth Home (Georgia) Blount Youth Home provides a safe, nurturing, structured environment for youth ages ten to twenty two years old who require inner reconstruction. Tuition is $2400 per month but offers scholarship based on financial need. Address: 582 Mel Blount Rd Vidalia, GA 30474 Phone: (912) 537-7758 (WEB: www.byhga.org)
HOLY HIGHWAY FOR GIRLS (Pickton, Texas). (WEB: www.holyhighway.com) Phone 903-866-3300.
*Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School (West Columbia, SC) Specializes in helping at-risk young people move past the obstacles in their lives to achieve success. WLGOS serves male and female students, age 16-19, who are on a path toward truancy, failing at their current school, dropping out of school and not completing their education, missing a college education or a successful career, living a negative lifestyle, because of poor choices. Tuition is free. Phone: (803) 896-6480 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: 3300 West Campus Road West Columbia, South Carolina 29170 (WEB: www.willougray.org)
* Circle of Hope Girl’s Ranch (Humansville, MO) Stephanie and Boyd Householder-Directors Phone: 417-754-1339.
* Oneida Baptist Academy (Oneida, KY) Oneida Baptist is a Christian boarding and day school for national and international students, Christian or non-Christian, in grades 6-12. Oneida provides a structured living, learning and working environment in which each student is challenged to grow mentally, physically, socially and spiritually in order to acquire an education for time and eternity. Boys or Girls – Grades 6 – 12 ($500 per month, academic, non-therapeutic) (WEB: www.oneidaschool.org) Phone: (606) 847-4111 Address: 11 Mulberry St PO Box 67 Oneida, KY 40972
* Lives Under Construction (Lampe, MO) Lives Under Construction Ranch, Inc. is a residential treatment home for at-risk boys between the ages of 7 and 21. We desire to help each boy find his way back to his family by changing his behaviors and by helping him discover those things about himself that help him re-build a positive structure for a successful future. This is done through behavior management techniques and individualized counseling, whereby goals are set for each young man, with the staff helping each boy achieve his goals. We offer Residential Treatment Program of 15 – 18 months, we also have a short term summer program for kids who do not need that intense of a program and they are just starting to act out their negative behaviors. (WEB: www.lucboys.org) Phone: 417.779.5374
* Future Men (Kirbyville, MO) Future Men primary desire is to train young men to put off childish behaviors and obsessions with the trivial distractions of this life (godless music, foolish friends, slothfulness, anger, disrespect, offensive language/habits, sloppy clothing, lack of self-control), and to subsequently embrace the responsibilities and freedoms that come with true manhood (respect for authority, strong work ethic, obedience, and the fruits of the Spirit). (WEB: www.futuremen.net) Phone: 417.546.4171
* HOUSE OF HOPE (Several locations nationally) House of Hope is a national system of non-denominational, non-profit treatment organization with homes dedicated to helping troubled teens between the ages of 13-17. House of Hope provides residential care where teenagers are nourished, protected, healed and reconciled with their families. Their program offers counseling, academic assistance, and prayer. (WEB: www.nationalhouseofhope.org)
* PROJECT PATCH (Garden Valley, ID) Project PATCH is a licensed and accredited residential therapy program for boys or girls age 12 – 17, run by the Seventh Day Adventist denomination. Project Patch provides certified counselors to provide group and individual therapy, accredited academics, and residential care. Sliding scale tuition based on financial need. (WEB: www.projectpatch.org) Phone: 360.690.8495
* FLYING H YOUTH RANCH (Naches, WA). Boys age 14-17 years. Tuition based on a sliding scale. (WEB: www.flyingh.org) Phone: 509-658-2990
* YOUTH-REACH (Houston, Texas and Louisiana) Christian youth program includes a 14-month residency, personalized Christian education, counseling, life skills, recreation, music. Boys ages 12-21 are accepted by application and interview. The prospective resident must have a clear desire to change his lifestyle. (WEB: www.youth-reach.org) Phone: 281-459-4555
* HAPPY HILL FARM (Granbury, TX) (WEB: www.happyhillfarm.org) Phone (254) 897-4822
MOUNTAIN STATES CHILDRENS HOME (Longmont, CO) for boys or girls ages 3 – 17, though the program houses mostly teens. Sliding scale tuition based on family income, Christian counseling and academics are part of the program. (WEB: www.msch.org). Phone-303-776-6841
THE MEL BLOUNT YOUTH HOME (Claysville, PA) is managed by a team of professional care givers. Each employee is carefully screened and trained to insure that boys are nurtured and educated by skilled people with sound ethical and moral judgment. The result is that the group home exceeds all state and federal regulations governing the appropriate care of youth. The Mel Blount Youth Home of Pennsylvania’s total capacity is (24) twenty four males between the age of 7-17 years of age. Referrals are accepted 24 hours a day for both long-term and short-term placement. The ability to accept referrals depends upon available bed space. (WEB: http://www.mbyh.org/) Address: 6 Mel Blount Drive, Claysville, PA 15323 Phone: 724.948.2311 Fax: 724.948.2318
C DIAMOND C YOUTH RANCH (New Mexico) Boys age 13-17. (WEB: www.cdiamondcyouthranch.org)
FRENCH CAMP ACADEMY (French Camp, MS) Christian, low cost or scholarship to low-income families able to demonstrate financial need. (WEB: www.frenchcamp.org). Phone: 662-547-6482
TEXAS BOYS RANCH (Lubbock, TX). Program enrolls 24 boys, ages 12-17, counseling, boys attend public schools and there is a sliding scale fee. Phone: 806-747-3187, Web: www.texasboysranch.org
CAL FARLEYS CHILDRENS PROGRAMS (Located in several locations in Texas).Christian residential care for boys or girls age 5-18 who no longer have a home, or do not live with their parents. Call: (800) 687-3722. (WEB: www.calfarleysboysranch.org). No longer taking kids with behavioral issues.
FAITH RANCH (Uvalde, Texas). Boys up to age 16. Residential care is $830+ per month based on financial situation. Phone 210-232-6611.
MERCY MINISTRIES FOR WOMEN (Tennessee) Residential Program for girls under 18 in Tennessee. National programs for girls over 18 available also. (WEB: www.mercyministries.org).
TEXAS BAPTIST CHILDREN’S HOMES (Round Rock, Texas) TBCH is a private, non-profit organization. TBCH operates on a sliding scale fee, which is determined by the family’s ability to contribute toward the child’s care. (WEB: http://www.childrenatheartministries.org) Phone: (512) 255-3682
FREE DRUG PROGRAM (San Antonio, TX)
WEST TEXAS BOYS RANCH
Anchor Academy, Van Deuser, MO http://anchoracademymo.org/index.html
Calvary Christian Boarding Academy, Eufaula, OK http://www.calvarybaptistministries.net/
BETHANY’S HOUSE – Christian ministry for pregnant women, age 18 and over providing a free residential program for adoption-minded women. For more information call 1-800-454-0454 or 209-526-3342. (WEB: www.bethany.org)
JOB CORPS (Free – NATIONWIDE) Job Corps is a free education and vocational skills training program that helps young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job. For eligible youth at least 16 years of age, Job Corps provides the all-around skills needed to succeed in a career and in life. If you are interested in placing your teen in a Job Corp program in your area, call (800) 733-JOBS or (800) 733-5627. An operator will provide you with information about Job Corps, place you in touch with the admissions counselor closest to where you live, and mail you an information packet about the Job Corp program.
PILGRIM’S REST BOYS HOME
Blessed Hope Boys Academy
YOUTH BUILD USA –In YouthBuild programs, unemployed and under-educated young people ages 16-24 work toward their GED or high school diploma while learning job skills by building affordable housing for homeless and low-income people. To find a location near you, click here. For more information, call 617-623-9900.
For US Military families with Tri-Care Insurance:
Day Break Centers This CMHC (Community Mental Health Center) is staffed with a Multidisciplinary Team that consists of Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, an MD, a Psychiatrist, Dietitian and an RN. The services are designed to reduce symptom severity, increase coping and problem solving skills, enhance communication skills, assist patient in achieving positive personal goals and foster reintegration back into the community. http://daybreakcenters.com/Home_Page.html
NATIONAL GUARD YOUTH CHALLENGE — A preventive youth-at-risk program, targets unemployed drug-free and law-free high-school dropouts, 16 to 18 years of age. Core components of the program are citizenship, academic excellence (GED/high school diploma attainment), life-coping skills, community service, health and hygiene, skills training, leadership/followership, and physical training. The five-month residential phase is followed by a year-long mentoring relationship with a specially trained member from each youth’s community (Web: http://www.ngyf.org/)
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration–Online directory to help locate treatment facilities for adolescents and adults. Call 1-800-622-HELP; 1-877-767-8432 (Spanish); 1-800-487-4889 (TDD). (WEB: http://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/)
FIND A COUNSELOR NEAR YOU (online search tools):
REMEMBER: we can still help